Plantbased living

Plantbased living

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"These Plastics"


According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ,"This year, liposuction replaced breast augmentation as the most frequently performed surgical procedure with a 16% increase and more than one billion dollars was spent on the procedure nationwide".  

The top five surgical procedures were:

Liposuction (363,912 procedures, up 16.3%)
Breast augmentation (313,327 procedures, down 5.2%)
Eyelid surgery (161,389 procedures, up 5.4%)
Tummy tuck (160,077 procedures, up 2.3%)
Nose surgery (147,966 procedures, up 2.9%)

Other fun facts that I found interesting were that women in the states spend 10 million dollars last year on comestic procedures. Guess how much money men spend?  Minus 9 million. That's right women wins on this one guys by almost 90% more!  Which procedure do you think hiked to a staggering 58% increase? I'll give you a hint "I like big butts and I can not lie" Ding Ding Ding!  Buttock augmentation! The Niki Minaj and Kim Kardashian revolution? To all the rappers that just wanted a big booty "girl" for their birthday…Well happy birthday homeboy! Apparently, there seems to be a lot fake booty girls to pick from now! Now can you guess which one made second place on the top spots for the most significant increases in number of procedures performed over the course of a one-year period? Get ready for this one…drum roll please! Clip your hair extensions "tighter" (no punt intended) ready? labiaplasty with a 44% increase compared to 2012. Yep! Because pouring hot wax and ripping out every little hair in our lady parts isn't painful enough! Respect to the women who go through this procedure, you officially fear nothing!

Now lets talk about the "non invasive procedures", you know the ones that require injections into your face and lips and burn a couple of layers of your skin to remove "fine lines".This nonsurgical procedures increased 13.1% in 2013 with 9.5 million procedures.

The top five nonsurgical procedures were:

Botulinum Toxin (botox) (3,766,148 procedures, up 15.6%)
Hyaluronic Acid (1,872,172 procedures, up 31.5%)
Hair Removal (901,571 procedures, up 2%)
Microdermabrasion (479,865 procedures, down 3.8%)
Photo Rejuvenation (456,613 procedures, up 35.3%)

"In 2013, more than 2.5 billion dollars was spent on injectables alone. In addition, nearly 1.9 billion was spent on skin rejuvenation, a fast-growing sector of the aesthetic nonsurgical industry." Reports the The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) in there 2013 press release. 

I'm not surprised about all this plastic surgery statistics. Why? Well in all honesty I've gotten work done myself and I know many women who have too. They all absuletly love their results and I do too! Before my pregnancy I was a A cup, during pregnancy I went up to a C cup and nursing took me to a DD! Well we all know what happened after I was done nursing, oh hey excess skin in places where there shouldn't be excess skin! I literally felt deformed. Spend a good amount of money buying all the "magic push up bras" that the world had to offer. None of them really worked. Its sort of hard to push up flabby skin. It wasn't like I could excersise myself to new boobs! As a matter of fact I lost more weight and they got worse! I became super depressed to look at myself working out so hard and eating healthy but there was a part of my body that only seemed to get worse. My girls! I wanted them back! I didn't  care about having them big I just didn't  want them to look lifeless. Thats the best way to describe them seriously! I was 21 and had 90 year old boobies. So I googled I youtube I did some mayor homework on getting my girls done. I saved money and made up my mind and I decided to get them done! My doctor was amazing! She really educated me about the whole procedure and the different options I had. I will be lying if I told you I was just excited the day of the surgery. I was really nervous, second guessing a little. Then I will look at my granny boobies and then say "I did my homework, I'm going to the best surgeon and everything is going to be okay." The recovery was tough but my family was there and helped me so much! My mom and sis helped me with Miah and things around my house. I can't thanked them enough for being so supportive with my decision and helping after surgery. The new girls looked a bit weird for the first month or two but man did everything changed by month tres!! I simply felt like me again. Who has granny boobies not this girl! I felt great and was so happy about my decision! No regrets! 

 My opinion on plastic surgery is quite simple. If it's something that diet and excersise can't change then hell, go for it! Do your homework and go to best plastic surgeon in your city! In other words, you shouldn't find your plastic surgeon on Groupon! Second, follow the post-op instructions to the T! Third, do it for you and no one else!
I guess you can say I'm pro-plastic surgery. Never forget that your soul is in that precious body of yours and that if it needs healing you will never quite love the body you are in no matter how many plastic surgeries you get done. A beautiful soul is build on your effort to manifest beautiful things in this world. At the end of the day that is what people see most in you. They see your kind soul. My advice is to first work on the mind, body and soul connection. Make sure that connection is strong and healthy. When you reach this true connection, different things take priority and things you use to over analyze aren't such a big deal anymore. You'll soon become healthier and make better choices. Your body will look and feel stronger and hey you might not need that lipo after all! Always remember that plastic surgery can't do surgery on your soul. 






No comments:

Post a Comment